Friday, April 11, 2014

Scanning in 0.0

Is that time of year again.... noobtime!

First, I lost a shiny new Astero to a Ghost Site (didn't know they were anomalies), then a covert ops in lowsec to my greed (hacking Relic Sites in a station system with locals around isn't such a good idea). Business as usual, one might say.

But reading several forum threats on e-o I decided to fit me a cloaky T3 and take a look at the Relic Sites in lowsec and 0.0 - what can I say, it was definitely worth the trip. First I wanted to use the Stratios, but as fun as that ship may be it just isn't agile enough for my taste, and you need to beware of bubbles. So I went into the skunkworks and came up with this Tengu fit:

Tengu 0.0 Scanning

High
Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II
Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II
Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II
Sisters Expanded Probe Launcher
Covert Ops Cloaking Device II

Medium
10MN Microwarpdrive II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Relic Analyzer I
Data Analyzer I
Cargo Scanner II

Low
Damage Control II
Inertia Stabilizers II
Inertia Stabilizers II 

Rigs
Medium Gravity Capacitor Upgrade I
Medium Low Friction Nozzle Joints I
Medium Polycarbon Engine Housing I

Subsystems
Tengu - Supplemental Screening
Tengu - Emergent Locus Analyzer
Tengu - Capacitor Regenration Matrix
Tengu - Interdiction Nullifier
Tengu -Covert Reconfiguration

You get 17k shields and 67k ehp, an align time of under 5 seconds, and enough cargo to do a few runs before you need to load off anything. Not too shabby I'd say. Now, after a few days worth of scanning in 0.0, I am really convinced of this setup. I burned through a few gatecamps easily and found loot worth about 1.25b ISK. With a Mobile Depot, you could really hole yourself in and gather obscene amounts of wealth in very little time. Maybe I'll do that.

Getting back to the noob thing, everyone knows you find BPCs for T2 rigs in Relic Sites, in all sizes. You know what really sours your day? A Capital Gravity Capacitor Upgrade II. Yes, really. I've heard some wormhole corps like to fit them on their carriers for scanning sites in style, but that doesn't really ease my frustration. Of all the possible rigs I could find it hat to be this one. Well...

No comments:

Post a Comment